Are you looking to start using Pinterest for your Business but don’t know where to start? Keep reading!
Pinterest is the 4th most popular social media platform in the US and has a strong global footprint, making it one of the must use platforms for small and large businesses alike.
While many perceive Pinterest as a tool only used by moms to plan out their meals, Pinterest actually has a large varied audience for the taking. Below we’ve laid out some key lingo as well as how to make your mark on Pinterest and reach your target audience.
“Pins” – Posts
“RePin” – A post you shared that someone else posted
“Board” – Where you share your Pins, used to organize different types of pins
* You can also create secret boards, which aren’t shared with the public and group boards*
Tips and Tricks
- Set up your Pinterest as a Business Account (you can do that HERE)
This will allow you to see more insights, and better visibility on the platform.
- All your imagery should be vertical, 2:3 aspect ratio.
- Focus on your imagery not your copy! While copy is important, pinners are focused on the pin itself! Adding text to your visual will help reinforce your message, when they don’t read the copy. (Struggling with imagery? Here‘s an easy to use platform that can help you create great graphics)
“In fact, in a Pinterest study, 85% of Pinners place more importance on visuals than text.”(Hootsuite, 2021)
- Always include your logo somewhere on the Pin. This way your brand wont get lost if captions are changed once they are repinned.
- And finally Pin consistently. Pinterest prioritizes new pins and fresh content, and pinners who pin consistently.
Want for information? We’ve partnered with a Pinterest agency to get you a special deal you can access it HERE.
Want a good place to start? Follow us on Pinterest HERE
Want more marketing tips? check out the rest of our blogs HERE
*Violet Coast Media receives commission from affiliate links used, while we do receive commission from these products we use them regularly and stand behind them 100%*